Friday 4 October 2013

Inspiration - Glass painting



Long ago when I started my career as a secretary, I had worked, for about six months, for a company which made beautiful stained glass and glass etchings … I would while away my lunch time by simply drooling over  hundreds of catalogues they had on display … the studio where I worked was filled with samples of stained glass and etchings … however I had never seen how they were actually made … I still love glass paintings but regret that I never learnt how to do it …

Some years later my sister-in-law joined a short duration course on glass painting … I was happy as I thought that I could learn from her … however she soon discontinued as she was getting married … when she left she gave me her left over paints, brush and liner… most of the paints had dried up … except for blue, green and red…

I was overjoyed with her offering … I could try painting on glass … but as I was a beginner it was also very intimidating …

I tried painting on one panel of the window in our bedroom … it looked okay … however as the glass was already on the window it was a little difficult to maneuver the brush … another problem was as the glass was serrated, the paint being runny did not stick properly … however I still forged ahead … and with my husband’s encouragement … I finished painting all the three panels …



The windows looks better when the rays of the sun fall on it …


No comments:

Post a Comment